Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Anyone know what book this was?

Started by Jim Martin · · Last activity · 4 posts · 678 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
18 June 2003
Last activity
19 June 2003
Original author
Jim Martin
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
678
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello All:

    Years ago, I was loaned a book on bike racing and I would love to have it now. It was not a thick
    book and it was wider than it was tall (sort of like a kids book).

    It had a short section on match sprint, maybe 2 or 3 pages. But those were some of the most
    informative pages I have ever read on cycling. The book described 8 or 9 scenarios with diagrams
    and gave you explicit coaching instructions on how to win from either position. Anybody know what
    book this was?

    Thanks,

    Jim Martin

    ---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (grisoft.comgrisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.489 / Virus Database: 288 - Release Date: 6/10/2003

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Jim Martin said:

    Hello All:

    Years ago, I was loaned a book on bike racing and I would love to have it now. It was not a thick
    book and it was wider than it was tall (sort of like a kids book).

    It had a short section on match sprint, maybe 2 or 3 pages. But those were some of the most
    informative pages I have ever read on cycling. The book described 8 or 9 scenarios with diagrams
    and gave you explicit coaching instructions on how to win from either position. Anybody know what
    book this was?

    _No Brakes_ p'raps?

  3. "Tim McNamara" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    _No Brakes_ p'raps?

    I wish it was that easy. This was WAY before No Brakes came out.

    Thanks,

    Jim

    ---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (grisoft.comgrisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.489 / Virus Database: 288 - Release Date: 6/10/2003

  4. "Jim Martin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Tim McNamara" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    _No Brakes_ p'raps?

    I wish it was that easy. This was WAY before No Brakes came out.

    All I remember from back in the day are Jackie Simes "Winning Bicycle Racing", Eddie B's book,
    and the CONI manual, none of which would seem to fit the physical description you gave. However,
    it is possible that one or the other of us is recalling things incorrectly, so you might check
    those sources.

    Another possibility is that whatever book you're looking for is cited in "No Brakes" - perhaps a
    quick perusal of the bibliography (if there is one) would turn up a familiar title?

    Andy Coggan

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.