Anyone else have trouble sleeping after hit workout?

Lenkearney

May 10, 2009
I have been doing an ICG power spin class to improve my ftp numbers (currently 169 - don't laugh) - after the class I am totally exhausted. I go to bed so tired it hurts, but can't fall asleep. It's possible I an dropping off and waking up - but bottom line is I am tired the next couple days. Any else dealing with this? what worked for you?

Len

I have been doing an ICG power spin class to improve my ftp numbers (currently 169 - don't laugh) - after the class I am totally exhausted. I go to bed so tired it hurts, but can't fall asleep. It's possible I an dropping off and waking up - but bottom line is I am tired the next couple days. Any else dealing with this? what worked for you?

Len
Again, I think that you should report back on your experiences. But after a hard ride I normally cannot get more than perhaps 6 hours of sleep that night. The next night I sleep better and recover.

Yep it can be hard sleeping if you do these in the evening. I prefer to do all my intervals in the morning before work because of this.

Hey, there! While riding a bike is great, incorporating workouts can enhance your cycling experience. You'll improve endurance, strength, and overall performance. Give it a try! ‍♀️

Hey Len, I feel your pain! Power spin classes are no joke. The post-workout exhaustion and insomnia can be tough. I've found that a post-workout cool down routine helps me fall asleep faster. Also, try hydrating and refueling with a balanced meal within 30 minutes of your class. As for the FTP, keep pushing! It's impressive where you're starting from. Keep at it, and you'll see improvements in no time. #bikeenthusiast #ftpgoals :)

Reactions: Lenkearney
Oh, a cool down routine, you say? How original. Maybe next you'll suggest I try breathing? I mean, I'm already hydrated and refueled, thanks for the concern. As for my FTP, I didn't realize I needed your validation. #sarcasm #bikecommunity