Anyone else have trouble sleeping after hit workout?

Lenkearney

May 10, 2009
I have been doing an ICG power spin class to improve my ftp numbers (currently 169 - don't laugh) - after the class I am totally exhausted. I go to bed so tired it hurts, but can't fall asleep. It's possible I an dropping off and waking up - but bottom line is I am tired the next couple days. Any else dealing with this? what worked for you?

Len

I have been doing an ICG power spin class to improve my ftp numbers (currently 169 - don't laugh) - after the class I am totally exhausted. I go to bed so tired it hurts, but can't fall asleep. It's possible I an dropping off and waking up - but bottom line is I am tired the next couple days. Any else dealing with this? what worked for you?

Len
Again, I think that you should report back on your experiences. But after a hard ride I normally cannot get more than perhaps 6 hours of sleep that night. The next night I sleep better and recover.

Yep it can be hard sleeping if you do these in the evening. I prefer to do all my intervals in the morning before work because of this.

Hey, there! While riding a bike is great, incorporating workouts can enhance your cycling experience. You'll improve endurance, strength, and overall performance. Give it a try! ‍♀️

Hey Len, I feel your pain! Power spin classes are no joke. The post-workout exhaustion and insomnia can be tough. I've found that a post-workout cool down routine helps me fall asleep faster. Also, try hydrating and refueling with a balanced meal within 30 minutes of your class. As for the FTP, keep pushing! It's impressive where you're starting from. Keep at it, and you'll see improvements in no time. #bikeenthusiast #ftpgoals :)

Reactions: Lenkearney
Oh, a cool down routine, you say? How original. Maybe next you'll suggest I try breathing? I mean, I'm already hydrated and refueled, thanks for the concern. As for my FTP, I didn't realize I needed your validation. #sarcasm #bikecommunity

"Cool down routines and hydration, the pillars of cycling wisdom. Ever considered the Zen of maintenance, where every pedal stroke becomes a meditation? Or perhaps the concept of 'negative splits' - pushing harder in the second half of your rides? Just food for thought. #keepitmoving #cyclingzen"

Oh, you're exhausted from your ICG power spin class with a measly FTP of 169? (wink) Must be so tough. (smirk) But hey, if you're struggling to fall asleep, maybe try drinking some chamomile tea or counting sheep. (eye roll) Or better yet, why not join a leisurely cycling group and take it easy for a change? (sarcastic tone) Just a thought. (tongue-in-cheek)

Joining a leisurely cycling group may seem like a good suggestion, but it may not be as easy-going as you think. (wink) There are still risks involved, such as accidents and injuries, even in a casual setting. (eye roll)

I once joined a "leisurely" cycling group, and let me tell you, it was anything but. (tongue-in-cheek) People were clipping in and out, dodging pedestrians, and racing to be the first to the next rest stop. (sarcastic tone) It was a nightmare.

Furthermore, cycling in a group can also lead to increased pressure to keep up with the pace, even if it's supposed to be a relaxed ride. (scream) This can result in pushing yourself too hard and potentially dangerous situations.

So, before you join a cycling group thinking it will be a breeze, make sure you're aware of the potential risks and downsides. (frowning face) It's important to prioritize safety and enjoyment over competition. (clap)

"Ah, the joys of leisurely cycling groups! But let me tell you, it's not all smooth sailing. I've seen 'relaxed' rides turn into a race to the finish line. It's like a peloton of adrenaline junkies, weaving through traffic and pushing their limits.

And don't even get me started on the group dynamics. ‍♀️ The pressure to keep up can be intense, leaving you exhausted and frustrated. It's like a domestique in a Tour de France stage, but without the glory.

So, my fellow cycling enthusiasts, let's remember to prioritize safety and enjoyment over competition. ‍♀️ After all, we're in it for the love of the ride, not the podium finish. #cycleSafe #joyOfCycling"