Cycling Training · Public discussion

Any solution to tight cycling shoes?

Started by hoongfu · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,652 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
4 April 2011
Last activity
5 April 2011
Original author
hoongfu
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,652
Views / 30 days
10

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a pair of shimano shoes (they have rubber that goes past the cleats that allows decent walking on concrete etc) After about mile 10-15 My right pinky toe bone where the joint connecting to my foot is starts to hurt a lot. But the first couple of miles it is pretty comfortable. Is there a way to enlarge my cycling shoes? Any tips/advice to get rid of this? I can't return my shoes anymore but I would like to not spend money on another pair. Currently I also wear thin cycling socks. Thanks

  2. Cycling shoes are like any other shoe. If the shoe fits wear it. If you dont want to buy a new pair of shoes try shrinking your feet.

  3. I was having a similar problem after I switched from toe clips to clipless. My smallest two toes on my right foot would go numb after about 45 minutes. I eventually figured out that I was lacing up too tightly. Your feet swell while you're cycling, so a snug lace-up becomes tight later, but a tight lace-up will become restrictive.

    Jason

  4. You might try a different foot bed but I am guessing it can ony be fixed with a new pair of shoes. Your contact points with the bike are your first consideration , hands , feet, butt. If something is out of fit you won't be comfortable.

  5. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by davereo [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    Cycling shoes are like any other shoe. If the shoe fits wear it. If you dont want to buy a new pair of shoes try shrinking your feet.


    Actually, cycling shoes are unlike most other shoes...

    With cycling shoes the top of the shoe is responsible for keeping the foot in the shoe during some fairly forceful action and as such it's a lot stronger and much more rigid. Because of this using tradional techniques to stretch the shoe may result in trashing the shoe at the sole/upper joint rather than stretching the material in the upper.

    The only real solution - buy new shoes.

    As suggested, a different foot bed may ease things. Wearing really thin cycling socks might help very slightly too.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.