Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Any experience with Mustang Tubeless??

Started by Rkfast · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,126 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
26 April 2003
Last activity
27 April 2003
Original author
Rkfast
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,126
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. The shop that build up my wheels used Bontrager Mustang TUBELESS rims instead of the standard
    Mustang rims I ordered. This MIGHT be a blessing, if I ever decide to go tubeless, but what Im
    concerned about now is strength. There isnt much in the review section in terms oh how the tubeless
    versions of the Mustang perform.

    Anybody have any experience?

  2. [email hidden] (RkFast) wrote:

    The shop that build up my wheels used Bontrager Mustang TUBELESS rims instead of the standard
    Mustang rims I ordered. This MIGHT be a blessing, if I ever decide to go tubeless, but what Im
    concerned about now is strength. There isnt much in the review section in terms oh how the tubeless
    versions of the Mustang perform.

    Anybody have any experience?

    That almost sounds like you intend on mounting tubed tires onto your tubeless rims. I don't think
    you can do that.

    Can you?

    May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills! Chris

    Chris'Z Corner "The Website for the Common Bicyclist": geocities.comczcorner

  3. Chris Zacho The Wheelman said:

    That almost sounds like you intend on mounting tubed tires onto your tubeless rims. I don't think
    you can do that.

    Can you?

    Most UST rims can take a standard tire w/ tube. A standard tire's bead will fit, but you'll still
    need the tube. I carry a tube just in case I get a flat on my Crossmax XL's. All I have to do is
    unscrew the stem, install the tube, and continue to ride. I can patch the tire at home, under better
    conditions.

    Do a little research on your new rims, some tubeless tires and rims don't like tire levers. If
    you're always planning on using tubes, you're probably OK, but I'd check first.

    Barry

  4. I don't see where a tubless rim would be any less strong that a regular rim (ov the same general
    value) Assuming of course that it was built by a competent builder.

    The spokes, not the rim itself bear most of the load. This, of course, does not apply to disk or
    other aero rims. They have to be beefier to make up for the lack of spokes.

    May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills! Chris

    Chris'Z Corner "The Website for the Common Bicyclist": geocities.comczcorner

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.