any body from uk

Djg the once or twice that I've cycled around Cardiff it was no fun.<br /><br />I'll never forget that little old lady who decided she wanted to pull over and park her car, it's just a pity that she didn't realise that I was cycling there.<br /><br />Thank god I was on the Mtb, it's the only time I've done a sideways bunnyhop onto the pavement.<br /><br />Come to think of it, that's the last time I cycled in Cardiff.

I get the impression that no drivers know we are there. even the ones that do have no idea of the rules of the road. I got some driver beeping his horn at me the other day and sticking his fingers up cos he couldn't pass me - thing is he was trying to overtake where it is illegal to overtake ie on a a pedestrain crossing inbetween the pavement and a concrete central reservation. Kill the lot of 'em I say. :)

Well having said that, &quot;overtake&quot; implies a well planned manouveur allowing plenty of time and space, not skimming past me 2 inches from my body. I have to go riding at 8am on a Sunday morning or it is just too dangerous and Cardiff is only a little city (but the traffic is getting really bad now even in the middle of the day), I can't imagine living in London.<br /><br />Does anyone know of some magic, wonderous land where there are lots of tarmac roads but no cars?<br /><br />Maybe I could get a Mt Bike but I just spent £400 on a road bike so it might be good to ride it sometime!

[quote author=djg23 link=board=7;threadid=563;start=15#21502 date=1033897523]<br />.<br /><br />Does anyone know of some magic, wonderous land where there are lots of tarmac roads but no cars?<br /><br />[/quote]<br /><br />Djg, Try the Isle of Sark. There are no cars but cycling around an island 3.5 miles long by 1.5 miles wide might get a bit monotonous. ;)

I used to live in London for a couple of years, and training used to mean struggling with black cabs and big red buses. No to mention the cold :eek:

Itsop the cold has finally arrived :(, this morning's commute was the first time for months that I've had to wear gloves, but I should be thankful that it was still dry.

Lazarus - here's what I used to wear on a training ride in London:<br /><br />knicks<br />tights with knee / kidney lining<br />thermal socks<br />undershirt<br />thermal shirt<br />windstopper fleece<br />rain jacket if raining<br />skull cap<br />gloves<br /><br />And in winter... ;D

Hey Djg23!<br /><br />The COUNTRY roads up here (N.e. England) are fairly quiet, but compared to the near tropical S.W. it does get kind`a parky at times 8)

Hehe I might just move up north, not just for the biking which would be great, but it would be nice to be able to afford to buy a house! Cardiff is getting really 'spensive. One bedroom flats at £100,000 plus are a little out of my price range and as for the 4 bed barratt houses at £380,000 I don't think so! Maybe I could learn to love the cold!

[quote author=ltsop link=board=7;threadid=563;start=15#21536 date=1034041250]<br />Lazarus - here's what I used to wear on a training ride in London:<br /><br />knicks<br />tights with knee / kidney lining<br />thermal socks<br />undershirt<br />thermal shirt<br />windstopper fleece<br />rain jacket if raining<br />skull cap<br />gloves<br /><br />And in winter... ;D<br />[/quote]<br /><br />and the sad thing is I believe you. ;D :D<br /><br />It's getting colder that's for sure, but it not cold enough for tights YET.<br /><br />It's cold enough for me to wear Thinsulate winter gloves and winter jacket but I try to keep wearing shorts as long as possible.

Any body in Cardiff or surrounding interested in meeting up for road rides? I am a beginner so nothing too fast or long!<br /><br />David.

David, I love to take up the offer , but in my heart I don't think I be the best person to go for a ride with.<br /><br />Still good luck with the hunt.<br /><br />Laz

Ric if you see a slow moving wasp on a bike going through Llantrisant shout some encouragment it will be me.<br /><br />That's my way out of Pontypridd.<br /><br />On second thoughts don't shout, I've just come home from work at 11pm on a friday night, which is lets shout at the cyclist night.<br />What is it about a group of boys and a passing cyclist, is the urge to shout so strong that they cannot stop themselves?

I'm in Cardiff. Ride on the road most days, and off the road most days too. Drivers are no worse here than in the South East, although London is a special exception... that's not really riding, it's more like white water rafting.

We could get together some time and go up some hills.

im from the north east....nice roads and very quiet!!!...but its a bit cold right now!!!...getting there though....take me back to italy!!!!

Hi Jonny

Cold ? Jonny the weather is glorious , shorts for the last three days, I think my legs are starting to get a tan again:D

Laz

Hello Guest and Fello Cyclists in THE UK

I am a Dual Citizen One Being British the Other Lebanese I live in London well west London in Ealing Broadway well Down its Not bad for cycling at all The cars are not as Bad as the Center of London like westminister and so on, well I just wanted to ask Any of you who Might be Interested in Doing a Little British Team Between Us as I really Want to Take Part in this 4 day Amature Cycling Race in France and You Must be in team and you cannot entre as a indevidual this Race for Amatures from Biginers to Amture Elite, well I am trying to Qualify into the Lebanese National Team and I want to Take part in a Race that is Long Just like this one But I am Currently Not a Member of a Club here in lONDON and Lebanon has Not geot a Raod Cycling Team to send with me So If all Help me I am sure It will be easy for us to Get Sponsored to do this race and It will Hardly Cost us anything as We will get it all paid for by the Sponsors well Its Nice to meet you all and I hope you can help me and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards
A H Khadra