General fitness, health and nutrition ยท Public discussion

Anquet: how to make path show on virtual landscape?

Started by Peewiglet ยท ยท Last activity ยท 3 posts ยท 257 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
6 December 2004
Last activity
6 December 2004
Original author
Peewiglet
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
257
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1โ€“3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My GB North arrived today ๐Ÿ™‚ In demos in shops I've seen that paths
    can be made to shop up on the virtual landscape, crossing mountains
    etc. Does anyone know how to do that, please? The path I've just
    marked shows up as a blue line on the map view, but it's not visible
    in the virtual landscape.

    Also, my virtual landscape doesn't look quite so impressive as those
    that I've seen in the shops. It looks great, but somehow in the ones
    I've seen in the shops the mountains look more pronounced. I wondered
    whether it might be something to do with a setting that I should
    alter? At one stage I thought that changing the zoom level in the
    little box made a difference to the appearance of the virtual
    landscape, but since then I've concluded that it doesn't. I could be
    wrong, though: any ideas?

    Thanks for any help ๐Ÿ™‚

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~
    / \ / \

  2. Hi

    If you go to Tools -> Virtual Landscape Settings and tick the box which says
    User Data at the top right they should also appear. You can also change the
    exaggeration and lighting to change to VL effects.

    Cheers

    Andrew

    "Peewiglet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My GB North arrived today ๐Ÿ™‚ In demos in shops I've seen that paths
    can be made to shop up on the virtual landscape, crossing mountains
    etc. Does anyone know how to do that, please? The path I've just
    marked shows up as a blue line on the map view, but it's not visible
    in the virtual landscape.

    Also, my virtual landscape doesn't look quite so impressive as those
    that I've seen in the shops. It looks great, but somehow in the ones
    I've seen in the shops the mountains look more pronounced. I wondered
    whether it might be something to do with a setting that I should
    alter? At one stage I thought that changing the zoom level in the
    little box made a difference to the appearance of the virtual
    landscape, but since then I've concluded that it doesn't. I could be
    wrong, though: any ideas?

    Thanks for any help ๐Ÿ™‚

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~
    / \ / \

  3. On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:27:43 -0000, "Andy Laycock" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    Hi

    If you go to Tools -> Virtual Landscape Settings and tick the box which says
    User Data at the top right they should also appear. You can also change the
    exaggeration and lighting to change to VL effects.

    Thank you v. much - the path's visible now ๐Ÿ™‚

    Changing the exaggeration produces some interesting effects! I changed
    it from 1 to 10, and the picture shrivelled up to a little walnut of a
    thing ๐Ÿ™‚

    Best wishes,
    --
    ,,
    (**)PeeWiglet~~
    / \ / \

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.