rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

After NAUCC, Enthused MUCster rides one-footed!

Started by Memphis Mud · · Last activity · 4 posts · 187 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
7 July 2006
Last activity
8 July 2006
Original author
Memphis Mud
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
187
Views / 30 days
3

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. We were completely awed by the talent that came to Memphis. And I've
    never met a nicer group of people. Everyone so helpful and friendly.

    My daughters were so impressed by you that they are recommited. The
    closing dinner was Wednesday night. Thursday morning Sarah (15) rode
    sixteen revolutions one-footed! She's glowing!

    Ellen (11) has already been working on faster rpm. She'd barely ridden
    a 24 before NAUCC. She wants to race!

    All of us uni-parents relish that smile of accomplishment that adorns
    our kids' faces at times like this. I'm so proud of my kids for working
    through a new skill. It'll choke us dads up quick.

    Of course, I give them the credit for doggedly sticking to it. But I
    want you to know I think you are all responsible for stoking this fire
    again. You blew into town and enveloped us in a tidal wave of positive
    energy. You drenched each of us. We are sopping happy. (metaphor
    getting out of control)

    Thanks to you all.

    -Tom Maxwell.

    P.S. Irene is their new hero. How happy am I that they have the likes
    of her to look up to. With all the negativity we are bombarded with in
    our lives, she is definately a blinding ray of the good stuff.

    P.S.S. We have permission from the family finance director (Joyce) to
    submit a unicycle purchase order... 🙂

    --
    Memphis Mud
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50942

  2. Irene is definitely good stuff. Soft spoken, friendly, capable.

    Glad you all had such a good time!

    --
    U-Turn

    Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.
    'LiveWire Unicycles' (http://www.livewireunicycles.com)
    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albup39)
    '29er Tire Study' (http://u-turn.unicyclist.com/29erTireStudy/)
    'New York Unicycle Club' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)
    -- Dave Stockton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U-Turn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/691
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50942

  3. Friday night (two days post-NAUCC) Sarah rode a one-footed figure 8.
    Circles roughly 8 ft. each.

    She now has a skill her dad cannot do. This is huge! July 7, 2006. A
    day to be remembered. Only the beginning.

    --
    Memphis Mud
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50942

  4. Memphis Mud said:

    Friday night (two days post-NAUCC) Sarah rode a one-footed figure 8.
    Circles roughly 8 ft. each.

    She now has a skill her dad cannot do. This is huge! July 7, 2006. A
    day to be remembered. Only the beginning.

    Is she giving lessons? I really want to ride one-footed. I guess it
    would help if I practiced.

    Good for Sarah!!

    --
    Wheel Rider

    A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
    blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50942

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.