Road Cycling · Public discussion

Advice on buying a used bike

Started by Ray Thormund · · Last activity · 2 posts · 995 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
1 February 2007
Last activity
3 February 2007
Original author
Ray Thormund
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
995
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking for some advice on buying a used bike. It's a 2005 Specialized S-Works; the person at the bike shop thought it was an E5. They're selling it for a $1000. Pedals might be included; I'll have to check. I'm planning on test riding in the next few days.
    It was used for one season by a local pro and it has brand new components and wheels. I was told the frame has a few small scratches, but nothing major (I think it has a carbon and aluminum frame).

    I know that how a bike fits is the most important thing, but what else should I look for?
    Thanks for your help.

  2. 1. Bike fit
    2. Geometry
    3. Wheels

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.