Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Advice - buying a new frame outside UK?

Started by gooders · · Last activity · 3 posts · 752 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 August 2004
Last activity
27 August 2004
Original author
gooders
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
752
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    I'm thinking of buying a new TT frame from the US/Canada and wondered if anyone else had done this?

    If so what are the rate of duty & tax that you have to pay?

    I'm trying to work out if its worth it.

    many thanks for your help

  2. ....bump, bump

  3. gooders said:

    Hi,

    I'm thinking of buying a new TT frame from the US/Canada and wondered if anyone else had done this?

    If so what are the rate of duty & tax that you have to pay?

    I'm trying to work out if its worth it.

    many thanks for your help


    I used to be able to find the excise tarriffs at hmce.gov.ukhmce.gov.uk but I can't find it on their revamped site.

    I was a bit annoyed that you can get a Trek 1500 for as little as £600 in the states, so was thinking of importing.

    I suspect at that value, no VAT or duty would be charged, unless you are one of the unlucky few. I know people who have imported camera equipment from Japan and never been charged, allegedly due to the value not exceeding a certain threshold.

    Hope this is some small help!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.