General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Achillis tendonitis-what works to relieve it?

Started by Robin · · Last activity · 5 posts · 281 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 April 2004
Last activity
26 April 2004
Original author
Robin
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
281
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've had it for about 5 mos now. After two cortisone shots for
    recurrences, the doctor ordered physical therapy, which isn't helping.
    What complicates matters is that I had torn cartilege in the knee on
    opposite leg for which I had surgery in January.

    I'm told to wear shoes with at least 2" heels which will help the
    achilles heel but aggravates the healing of knee, which still has
    swelling, which I believe is the cause for the continuing discomfort of
    knee.

    I have been exercising in Physical therapy twice a week all other days,
    at home, have been icing (off and on) but the icing doesn't seem to help
    once the numbness caused by the cold wears away, in fact, seems to
    sometimes aggravate the achilles tendonitis.

    Any suggestions?

    Robin

    --
    Do not email if posting response. To email, replace x with 4

  2. Robin:

    I suggest you go to" triggerpointbook.com" & find your problem in the
    "Symptoms Index". Also take some time to read through the site...could
    be helpful.

  3. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    Robin:

    I suggest you go to" triggerpointbook.com" & find your problem in the
    "Symptoms Index". Also take some time to read through the site...could
    be helpful.

    Thank you, that WAS interesting, in fact, ordered the book from Amazon.
    It's not clear from the web site - it seem that my achilles pain is
    coming from a muscle in my calf for which I can massage or press a
    tennis ball against. Do you apply constant pressure or apply
    pressure/release/apply pressure and so on? And for how long do you do
    it?
    Robin

    --
    Do not email if posting response. To email, replace x with 4

  4. Both Acupressure & the Bonnie Prudden system use the press/hold/release
    method. By the way, compared to Prudden's "Pain Erasure" book, which I
    also have, "The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook" is a snap to use. Much,
    much more "user-friendly".

    Mr. Davies uses a somewhat different massage technique, which you'll see
    when you receive your book. However, you can obviously use both methods
    on any particular pain area. His book is just SO GOOD.

    He's coming out with a revised,second edition in June I believe, which
    has a few extra chapters for professional massage therapists. but his
    current one should more than suffice.

  5. If the knee and achilles tendon problem are on the same leg I would see an
    accupuncturist and a chiropractor.

    I have had achilles tendonitus for the past 2-3 years now. I got rid of it
    on one side by grinding out the bones spurs underneath with the side of a
    screwdriver blade and lots of oil. Painful, but it works. The left side I
    have made much better with this technique but still a few striations linger.
    Afetr breaking the tips of the spurs off they come up through the skin a
    week or so later and erupt throyugh the skin. My Rhuematologist says they
    don't exist...LOL I won't be going back to that jerk.

    It's a pain. I have been dancing since september on it and working it out
    but not gone yet.

    "Robin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Quoted message said:

    Robin:

    I suggest you go to" triggerpointbook.com" & find your problem in the
    "Symptoms Index". Also take some time to read through the site...could
    be helpful.

    Thank you, that WAS interesting, in fact, ordered the book from Amazon.
    It's not clear from the web site - it seem that my achilles pain is
    coming from a muscle in my calf for which I can massage or press a
    tennis ball against. Do you apply constant pressure or apply
    pressure/release/apply pressure and so on? And for how long do you do
    it?
    Robin

    --
    Do not email if posting response. To email, replace x with 4

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.