Cycling Training · Public discussion

A question for the masters out there

Started by bryanquinn · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,554 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
2 March 2004
Last activity
4 March 2004
Original author
bryanquinn
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,554
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was just wondering how your traing has changed over the years. Has your training intensity dropped much, if at all? Do you ride less miles? What age are you now? and how has cycling enriched your life. I see alot of senior citizens in the local malls (I live in Florida) and I wonder if they had lead a more active life how much better their quality of life would be now. I'm glad that I started cycling at 35 and plan to ride for the rest of my days. In fact, I want to be buried with my cycling clothes on! I'd really like to hear from those of you that are in your late 50s and up. TIA.
    BQ

  2. Gees I guess there are no older guys that read this forum.

  3. Be patient, someone here will give you advice🙂

  4. OK, I'm 56 so I guess I qualify. Don't know if I can give you any advice, but my training changed a lot last year since since I lost 45 pounds and retired in the fall. Started riding as a kid, and been riding on and off since the 70's with clubs. Tried a couple of seasons of training crits in the early 90's as well with my son.

    I've been trying to build mileage and speed since I've now got the time and energy to train more. Riding about 100-150 miles per week now, which is more than I've ever done before. Starting to see solid results on weekend club rides.

    I haven't ridden a full Century for 30 years; been doing only metrics as my longest annual ride. Will do a full Century later this month and see how it goes.

    With age, you probably have to been more careful about intensity and recovery. Other than that, I'd say all the same training principals and programs apply. It takes dedication and patience to get real results from training, regardless of age.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.