Road Cycling · Public discussion

26.1.5 tire on a 26x1.75

Started by Mark · · Last activity · 2 posts · 2,006 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
12 July 2004
Last activity
12 July 2004
Original author
Mark
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,006
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am thinking of changing my MTB knobby tires and inner
    tubes(26x1.95 on a 26x1.75 rim)to a narrower and smoother
    Tioga City Slicker 26x1.5 tire.

    My question is what size innner tube should I use? Do I need
    to stay with a 1.75 to match the rim or should/could I use a
    1.5 tube?

    One other question, is what is the small narrowest tire I
    can put on a 1.75 rim. I would like to go down to a 1.25
    if possible.

    Thanks, Mark

  2. Mark said:

    I am thinking of changing my MTB knobby tires and inner
    tubes(26x1.95 on a 26x1.75 rim)to a narrower and smoother
    Tioga City Slicker 26x1.5 tire.

    My question is what size innner tube should I use? Do I
    need to stay with a 1.75 to match the rim or
    should/could I use a
    1.5 tube?

    You could use either size, but generally one that's designed
    for the tire's actual size will be easier to mount and won't
    tend to get pinched as easily as one that's too big. You can
    go "too small" as well, at the cost of having a thinner
    inner tube wall between thorns and the air inside.

    Quoted message said:

    One other question, is what is the small narrowest tire I
    can put on a 1.75 rim. I would like to go down to a 1.25 if
    possible.

    1.25" tires work just fine - it's what I run on my own MTB
    in "urban mode". Don't try muddy trails with 'em though...

    Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles habcycles.comhabcycles.com Home of
    the $695 ti frame

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.