Bike buying advice · Public discussion

2005 Giant Sedona DX 17-inch Frame

Started by maksum · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,938 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
20 July 2006
Last activity
21 July 2006
Original author
maksum
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,938
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello,

    I am interested in purchasing a bike. From research and some test rides I did, I believe one of these "Comfort" bikes is going to be my pace. I have the opportunity to buy a 2005 Giant Sedona DX used. However, I can't seem to find any sort of sizing guide online at all that will help me.

    I have to travel to a different city to look at/buy the bike, so I'd like to do all the research I can before going there, and be pretty sure I'm going to buy it.

    It is a 17-inch men’s frame. I am 5'11'', and believe my porportions are pretty average. Would this be a fit for me, or should I look elsewhere? Is there a link to some guide online anyone knows of?

    Thank you so much in advance for any assistance that can be offered.

    Mike

    P.S. Here are the details of the bike from Giant's site:
    giant-bicycles.com030.000.006.asp

  2. I am 5'7" and a 17" Sedona fits me nice. For the geometry use the 2006 model, see the link below the pix: http://www.giantbicycles.net/au/030.000.000/030.010.000.asp?year=2006&model=9997 I would suggest a 19" or even a 21" for your height.

  3. I have a '05 17'' sedona I bought for my wife, and I can tell you that bike is great !
    I bought a "man's" (instead of woman's) frame because I wanted to ride it as well (I'm 5'11). The bike feels about right to me, size-wise.

    I also think that line of bikes is not meant for long rides (40+ ks), but rather short, confort rides, so perfect fit might not be such a huge issue.

    I really enjoy riding this bike...I'm considering getting one for myself....

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.