rec.bicycles.rides archive · Public discussion

1997 Cannondale R600 with ShimanoRX100 Drivetrain. Comments?

Started by Raj · · Last activity · 3 posts · 2,993 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides archive
Published
21 April 2003
Last activity
22 April 2003
Original author
Raj
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,993
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello, I'm new to riding. Bought a used bicycle, a 1997 Cannondale R600 with ShimanoRX100
    components. Bike is in excellent condition. Paid $480. I know this is after the fact, but is that a
    fair price? did i get a good deal? did i get ripped off? Anybody have any comments on the R600?

    Also, where does the RX100 family fit in the hierarchy of Shimano products? I checked their website
    and couldn't find any mention of the RX100. Don't they macufacture this line anymore? How does
    RX100 compare with the 105 family, which is, from what I understand, the best value for money line
    out there?

    Thanks for yor time. Raj

  2. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello, I'm new to riding. Bought a used bicycle, a 1997 Cannondale R600 with ShimanoRX100
    components. Bike is in excellent condition. Paid $480. I know this is after the fact, but is that a
    fair price? did i get a good deal? did i get ripped off? Anybody have any comments on the R600?

    If in excellent condition, that was a fair price.

    Quoted message said:

    Also, where does the RX100 family fit in the hierarchy of Shimano products? I checked their website
    and couldn't find any mention of the RX100. Don't they macufacture this line anymore? How does
    RX100 compare with the 105 family, which is, from what I understand, the best value for money line
    out there?

    RX100 has been discontinued. It slotted in right under shimano 105. Back then 105 was painted. RX100
    has not painted, and that was basically the only difference between the two.
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

  3. It's a fair price. Had you waited and kept shopping, you could have likely found a CAAD3 with
    Ultegra for that price. Their would be no difference in the way they rode.

    (Raj) said:

    I'm new to riding. Bought a used bicycle, a 1997 Cannondale R600 with ShimanoRX100 components. Bike
    is in excellent condition. Paid $480. I know this is after the fact, but is that a fair price?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.