Secret to a good muni video.

gordito8me

Guest
Hey everybody, I'm hoping to make an all muni video soon and I was
wondering if there were any secrets to showing the technicality of a
trail or other things you guys would suggest that would make a muni
video more interesting to watch. all feedback would really be
appreciated, thanks guys.

--
gordito8me

torker dx here!!!
gordito8me's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13641

If you get the UNI magazine, Brian Mackenzie wrote a really great
article on filming tecqnuiques (sp).

--
maximus unius

> Originally Posted by *Beener*
> Is ISIS, ISIS, is ISIS not ISIS, is KOXX ISIS really ISIS, is Kris Holm
> ISIS more ISIS than KOXX ISIS, ISISISISISIS!

maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

'the best muni video i've ever seen' (http://tinyurl.com/26cgpj)

make it like this and it willl be GOOD

--
iridemymuni

maker of the happy birthday threads

ive got:

John Childs, Klaas Bill, Kris Holm, Samia, Harper, Bryan Stevens,
Wobbling bear, Mike Swarbrick, Cathwoood, Scott Wallis, Mikefule,
Raphael (jjuggle), James Potter, ITEMNO530, DogBowl, Yoopers,
Habbywall, Terry and Jagur.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Low following camera, from behind is usualy pretty good. Very fast, no
stopping if possible. It should be done almost like street where flow
is very important and prehops are deathly. Drops should be captured
from the bottom of the drop though. Multiple angles always help too.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Low following camera, from behind is usualy pretty good. Very fast, no
stopping if possible. It should be done almost like street where flow
is very important and prehops are deathly. Drops should be captured
from the bottom of the drop though. Multiple angles always help too.

Oh and most important is no shaky camera. This is very very important.

--

iridemymuni wrote:
> 'the best muni video i've ever seen' (http://tinyurl.com/26cgpj)
>
> make it like this and it willl be GOOD

oh my god
That has to be one of the very best uni videos i have ever seen, and
the first shto was hilarious.

--
kington99

Dave

Part of the reason the filming on that video was SOOOOO good is that it
was filmed with a glide camera.

--
maximus unius

> Originally Posted by *Beener*
> Is ISIS, ISIS, is ISIS not ISIS, is KOXX ISIS really ISIS, is Kris Holm
> ISIS more ISIS than KOXX ISIS, ISISISISISIS!

maximus unius's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13699

iF you don't have £25000 for a glide cam mabey you could try making one?
:cool:
Just do lots of "smart" shots ;)

--
thejdw

thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

thejdw wrote:
> iF you don't have £25000 for a glide cam mabey you could try making one?
> :cool:
> Just do lots of "smart" shots ;)

Look 'here' (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/) for the famous
$14 steady cam. Loose made one along similar lines and it does
genuinely work, we tried it out with me running down the side of a BMX
track while he rode, this simple apparatus did take a lot of the jerky
running action out of the shot.

Ths site tells you how to make the device with $14 worth of parts, or
if you're not handy you can pay $40 to have a pre-built one delivered
to you.

--
kington99

Dave

kington99 wrote:
> Look 'here' (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/steadycam/) for the famous
> $14 steady cam. Loose made one along similar lines and it does
> genuinely work, we tried it out with me running down the side of a BMX
> track while he rode, this simple apparatus did take a lot of the jerky
> running action out of the shot.
>
> Ths site tells you how to make the device with $14 worth of parts, or
> if you're not handy you can pay $40 to have a pre-built one delivered
> to you.

Nice the total bill for me would be around £330 :(

--
thejdw

thejdw wrote:
> Nice the total bill for me would be around £330 :(

What is that to buy a pre-built one and have it shipped to the UK or
something? Can you not get access anywhere to a power drill, it's about
the only tool you need to stick this thing together yourself for
peanuts. I believe Loose made his from stuff knocking around the
garage, didn't cost him a penny.

And anyway, you're not the one who was asking how to make a good muni
movie.

--
kington99

Dave

kington99 wrote:
> What is that to buy a pre-built one and have it shipped to the UK or
> something? Can you not get access anywhere to a power drill, it's about
> the only tool you need to stick this thing together yourself for
> peanuts. I believe Loose made his from stuff knocking around the
> garage, didn't cost him a penny.
>
> And anyway, you're not the one who was asking how to make a good muni
> movie.

lol what I ment was I would need to get a camera to go on it!
Its somthing to think about for when I get good enough to make a muni
movie ;)

--
thejdw

thejdw wrote:
> lol what I ment was I would need to get a camera to go on it!
> Its somthing to think about for when I get good enough to make a muni
> movie ;)

ah right, fair enough!

--
kington99