Long lost favorite 1960s candy refound!

Dave Smith said...

> Andy wrote:
>>
>> http://www.tinypic.com/541riqa.jpg
>>
>> Andy

> Favourite?
> I remember then being a real novelty, but a very disappointing drink.

With the right amount of water (10oz./2 fizzies) the flavor is fine BUT it
doesn't stay carbonated very long.

Oh well. :)

Andy

Andy <q> wrote:
> Dave Smith said...
> > Andy wrote:

> >>http://www.tinypic.com/541riqa.jpg

> >> Andy

> > Favourite?
> > I remember then being a real novelty, but a very disappointing drink.

> With the right amount of water (10oz./2 fizzies) the flavor is fine BUT it
> doesn't stay carbonated very long.
>
> Oh well. :)
>
> Andy

Inserted in various bodily orifices Fizzies make an interesting sexual
aid.

http://www.fizzies.com

Sheldon

On May 29, 8:41 am, Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
> Andy wrote:
>
> >http://www.tinypic.com/541riqa.jpg

> > Andy

> Favourite?
> I remember then being a real novelty, but a very disappointing drink.

That's because you were supposed to put them on your tongue! They
tickled terribly, but that was the fun of them<g>

maxine in ri

Sheldon said...

> Andy <q> wrote:
>> Dave Smith said...

>> > Favourite?
>> > I remember then being a real novelty, but a very disappointing drink.

>> With the right amount of water (10oz./2 fizzies) the flavor is fine BUT

it
>> doesn't stay carbonated very long.
>>
>> Oh well. :)
>>
>> Andy

> Inserted in various bodily orifices Fizzies make an interesting sexual
> aid.
>
> http://www.fizzies.com
>

> Sheldon

ROFLMAO!!!

"Double your pleasure!"

Andy

On May 29, 4:48?am, Andy <q> wrote:
> http://www.tinypic.com/541riqa.jpg
>
> Andy

I loved Fizzies as a kid. My sisters didn't like them so I got them
all to myself. LOL I will have to order some for my Grandkids. Now if
Jello would bring back "Whip n Chill". LOL
Vickie (Still a kid inside ar the afe of 61)

Andy wrote:

> > Inserted in various bodily orifices Fizzies make an interesting sexual
> > aid.
> >
> > http://www.fizzies.com
> >

> > Sheldon

> ROFLMAO!!!
>
> "Double your pleasure!"

Trust Sheldon to come up with that. It reminded me of that stupid old joke
about the monkey who shoved everything into his ass before he ate it
because he had once swallowed a billiard ball and now he always checks the
size of everything that will have to go out that hole before he eats it.

maxine in ri wrote:
>Dave Smith wrote:
> > Andy wrote:

> > >http://www.tinypic.com/541riqa.jpg

> > Favourite?
> > I remember then being a real novelty, but a very disappointing drink.

> That's because you were supposed to put them on your tongue!  They
> tickled terribly, but that was the fun of them<g>

Guys loved that... gals loved it even more! <g>

Sheldon

Dave Smith wrote:
> Andy wrote:
>>
>> http://www.tinypic.com/541riqa.jpg
>>
>> Andy

> Favourite?
> I remember then being a real novelty, but a very disappointing drink.

Same here. Mom bought Fizzies because they were less expensive than regular
soda, which she didn't allow us to have very often anyway. I thought the
taste was horrid!

Jill

On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:01:45 -0500, notbob wrote:

> On 2007-05-29, Andy <q> wrote:
>> http://www.tinypic.com/541riqa.jpg

> They were absolutely horrible. A real Alka-Seltzer tasted better.

IIRC, the original Fizzies were banned because of the sweetener
used. Another version came out in 2000 made with a different
sweetner and sold in cellophane-wrapped strips of Alka
Seltzer-like packages (2 strips of 5 each). I think I still gave
some of the grape ones. They disn't taste too bad, but not much
actual fizz. And they don't go well with gin.

Looks like they went back to the retro packaging.

-sw

On May 29, 7:14 am, Vickie in Utah <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 29, 4:48?am, Andy <q> wrote:
>
> >http://www.tinypic.com/541riqa.jpg

> > Andy

> I loved Fizzies as a kid. My sisters didn't like them so I got them
> all to myself. LOL I will have to order some for my Grandkids. Now if
> Jello would bring back "Whip n Chill". LOL
> Vickie (Still a kid inside ar the afe of 61)

Wow- I think I remember that- was it like strawberry pudding?

"merryb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On May 29, 7:14 am, Vickie in Utah <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On May 29, 4:48?am, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.tinypic.com/541riqa.jpg

>> > Andy

>> I loved Fizzies as a kid. My sisters didn't like them so I got them
>> all to myself. LOL I will have to order some for my Grandkids. Now if
>> Jello would bring back "Whip n Chill". LOL
>> Vickie (Still a kid inside ar the afe of 61)

> Wow- I think I remember that- was it like strawberry pudding?

Oooh! Was that the one that magically morphed into three different layers?

Felice

Felice Friese wrote:
> "merryb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>> I loved Fizzies as a kid. My sisters didn't like them so I got them
>>> all to myself. LOL I will have to order some for my Grandkids. Now
>>> if Jello would bring back "Whip n Chill". LOL
>>> Vickie (Still a kid inside ar the afe of 61)

>> Wow- I think I remember that- was it like strawberry pudding?

> Oooh! Was that the one that magically morphed into three different
> layers?
>
> Felice

I think that's the stuff. I'd hate to think what they put in it to make it
do that! LOL

Jill

> Felice Friese wrote:
>> "merryb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Wow- I think I remember that- was it like strawberry pudding?

>> Oooh! Was that the one that magically morphed into three different
>> layers?
>>
>> Felice

> I think that's the stuff. I'd hate to think what they put in it to make
> it
> do that! LOL

Dunno fer sure but I suspect density. If you make Jell-O with part heavy
cream, it turns into two layers. Come to think of it, isn't a Pousse Cafe
made by layering according to the density of the liqueur? Is there a
scientist in the house?

Felice

On May 29, 12:15?pm, merryb <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 29, 7:14 am, Vickie in Utah <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On May 29, 4:48?am, Andy <q> wrote:

> > >http://www.tinypic.com/541riqa.jpg

> > > Andy

> > I loved Fizzies as a kid. My sisters didn't like them so I got them
> > all to myself. LOL I will have to order some for my Grandkids. Now if
> > Jello would bring back "Whip n Chill". LOL
> > Vickie (Still a kid inside ar the afe of 61)

> Wow- I think I remember that- was it like strawberry pudding?

I always got the chocolate. It was kind of like a chiffon. I still
have the cut glass ice bucket and my Grandma's old eggbeater that we
used to make Whip n Chill and Instant Pudding in. Don't use them but
looking at them brings back good memories.
Vickie